If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Was Finally Told About This Place!

Go down 
+7
TheCat
Amulet
Justice
La La
gallega100
Tom Stephenson
Crick
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Crick

Crick

I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:41 am

Dave Larkhall wrote:
You won't get it back on the tracks by just sitting on that end.
I think that it's hopeless to try, so it's better to just sit there and look around.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Yes - we pride ourselves on our topic de-railments. It's what we do best.
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi Crick, looks like you fit right in Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Have you lost weight, Duke?
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Go derail your own thread Tom... or start a new topic about weight, that's an even better idea!

I don't mind a bit of derailing from time to time, but you seem to make a profession of it... there's a reason that forums have categories and threads have titles! ...to make it easier for the user to navigate and participate.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Crick wrote:
Go derail your own thread Tom... or start a new topic about weight, that's an even better idea!

I don't mind a bit of derailing from time to time, but you seem to make a profession of it... there's a reason that forums have categories and threads have titles! ...to make it easier for the user to navigate and participate.

Well said Crick! Trying to get this lot to behave is pretty much impossible!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:39 pm

So Crick, what would you like to talk about then?
Back to top Go down
http://inksideout.webplus.net/index.html
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:46 pm

Amulet wrote:

The title of the thread and it's location in the forum suggests that it's about my arrival to the forum... I think that talking about that would be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
La La

La La

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:48 pm

Bloody hell, I'm having a right friggin' nightmare with ITunes at the mo, laptop has nearly ended up across the room twice tonight!
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Crick wrote:
Amulet wrote:

The title of the thread and it's location in the forum suggests that it's about my arrival to the forum... I think that talking about that would be appropriate.

Yes, but it usually helps if you tell us a bit about your day, or something, otherwise we've nothing to go on and it's bound to go off track.
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:12 am

I'm thinkingI won't like this place as much as I hoped... if expecting a thread topic to reflect the title and original post is asking too much... and the chore of trying to steer it back that direction is met with resistance and opposition. Clearly, it is a place for people who thrive on chaos and disorder... personally I prefer order.

I have wanted to express opinions on several topics, but by the time the thread reaches it's current page, my original thought is completely irrelevant and I don't bother posting. If a lot of newcomers have the same experience, I'm fairly sure that this forum will never grow. But who am I to judge... it's only my first week here and I've got no right to criticize.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:14 am

Crick wrote:
I'm thinkingI won't like this place as much as I hoped... if expecting a thread topic to reflect the title and original post is asking too much... and the chore of trying to steer it back that direction is met with resistance and opposition. Clearly, it is a place for people who thrive on chaos and disorder... personally I prefer order.

I have wanted to express opinions on several topics, but by the time the thread reaches it's current page, my original thought is completely irrelevant and I don't bother posting. If a lot of newcomers have the same experience, I'm fairly sure that this forum will never grow. But who am I to judge... it's only my first week here and I've got no right to criticize.

Crick you've raised a fair point - have a look at my thread about thread derailment in the Wass On section
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
La La

La La

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:15 am

Alright, don't get your knickers in a knot, Cat's already suggested a way to keep us all happy!
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:25 am

TheCat wrote:
Crick you've raised a fair point - have a look at my thread about thread derailment in the Wass On section
I've just seen it... and I feel special now... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
La La

La La

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:26 am

You are special Crick, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am

I know... that's why they let me ride the short bus to school! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
La La

La La

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:32 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:40 am

Ok let's talk about your arrival to the forum, Crick. So far, we have found out that your feet are rotten, and that's about it. Anything else you would like us to help you with?
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:00 am

Tom Stephenson wrote:
Ok let's talk about your arrival to the forum, Crick. So far, we have found out that your feet are rotten, and that's about it. Anything else you would like us to help you with?
The list is endless! Now that I have confidence that my threads might actually benefit me, I might post a new topic for each of my ailments... you would probably regret asking before I'm done. Razz

..and it's not really my "feet", it's just one rotten toe... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:09 am

Well, I for one am quite happy to give you as much advice as I'm qualified to, about any part of your body you are having trouble with, but I might have to let you carry on talking to yourself, if you don't like the way your topics are going in the future. Just remember that the centre of the real world is not necessarily located where you happen to be living. (this is a polite way of saying fuck off if you don't like it, just in case you don't understand - I don't like the American sense of 'order' myself too much)

Last edited by Tom Stephenson on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:12 am

So where is the centre of the real world then, Tom?

I wanted to ask you, Crick, how DO you cope if you are genuinely ill?
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:13 am

Iraq, probably.
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:19 am

Amulet wrote:
I wanted to ask you, Crick, how DO you cope if you are genuinely ill?
I suffer through it! When I am sure that I will die, I go to the hospital but then never pay the bill when it comes because it costs more than buying a house... that has only happened once, and after $20,000 worth of tests, they still didn't know what was wrong with me, so I didn't feel like I was obligated to pay them for no help at all. So far, I've been really lucky because I've managed to be insured when the worst things have happened... or maybe I'm just extra cautious when I know that I don't have the option of going to the doctor.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:23 am

Dying only usually happens once, Crick, and if they can't diagnose that, then they don't deserve to get paid.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:24 am

Crick wrote:
I know... that's why they let me ride the short bus to school! Very Happy

Do you like licking the windows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Was Finally Told About This Place!   I Was Finally Told About This Place! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Was Finally Told About This Place!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .  :: Welcome :: Reception-
Jump to: