If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bath Planners = Tossers

Go down 
+3
Amulet
Tom Stephenson
Dave Larkhall
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Bath Planners = Tossers Empty
PostSubject: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:37 pm

I realise this may not be of interest to you folks down south. But wanted to share it with you just to let you know what a bunch of tossers we have in Bath that call themselves planners. This letter appeared in the Bath Chronicle today. So I expect Britplod and his heavy's to be bashing my door down at dawn tomorrow.

I attended the Better Bath Forum to discuss the council's Core Strategy for the areas of Bath and north east Somerset outside the city centre.

Two things stood out for me.

First, was the lack of under-40s in the audience – and secondly, the emphasis each and every contributor gave to the importance of their community and its gradual decline. This has been seen by the closures of post offices and the local pubs, inadequate transport facilities, and the destruction of the local shops, caused in the main by the likes of Sainsbury's superstores. But most importantly, it is because of the inability of the local offspring to purchase homes in their own neighbourhoods, thus strengthening family ties within their community.

Having now read through the heavy content of the 179 page 'futuristic plan' for B&NES, I am completely bemused by its egotistical jargon. Phrases such as 'Core Strategy Spatial Options' , 'Contextual Framework' 'Sustainable Community Strategy' and 'Environmental Capacity Assessment' are certainly not user-friendly for the average person to comment upon.

In the document, over 75 per cent of the content appeared to be aspirations, backed up only by forward projected statistics, whilst the remaining quarter or so would appear to have a certain ring of 'decision already made' about it.

This latter element includes:

Bath population – increase of 17,000 by the year 2026

If the good citizens of Bath got cracking immediately, even with overtime, 17,000 by 2026??? So where are all these new folk coming from?

Bath to have 11-12,000 new houses by the year 2026.

But who are these new houses for, and at what price? It's certainly not for the natural, local population growth, and as they will inevitably be built by private developers, not affordable for locals either.

45,0000 square metres of extra shopping

This is an enormous amount of shopping space. Can it mean another Sainsbury's superstore?

School changes

Only a small two-paragraph section is devoted to this. It proposes to close Oldfield Girls' School and St Marks' C of E School in Larkhall, and replace with a single secondary school to the north of the city. Could this decision have anything to do with making land available for 2,500 houses? Why promote this when we are being encouraged to leave our cars at home?

University changes

The two universities are to increase their student population by 8–10 thousand. Where are the students going to live? Perhaps between Twerton and Newton St Loe?

Gypsies, travellers & travelling show people

There is a plan to provide 19 permanent pitches, 20 transit pitches and increase this by three per cent per year. Where?

Transport changes

2,520 additional parking spaces are planned and a dedicated Bus Rapid Transit route bought in. Could this be intertwined with the expansion of Twerton and a large increase in student population?

River Avon

No specific proposals for waterside enhancement, nor for the use of this major asset for recreational or commercial activities. It's as though it doesn't exist.

Is it not time for a master plan with just one simple title "A Core Strategy for the People by the People"? The planning department of B&NES can kick start this by changing the sign on their door to Community Planners.

DAVE LAMING Larkhall, Bath
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Newton St Loe belongs to the Duchy of Cornwall. Charles will build those University students some REALLY nice houses. The area between the Hanham side of Bristol, and the Hanham side of Bath will - very shortly - be connected, with no open countryside to speak of left, just like the old hamlets of London before the Regency period.

The reason for the lack of under 40's in the audience was that they were all on the Christmas holiday! This also explains a welcome lull in the orange bendy-busses, and the comparatively quiet nights I am experiencing here in the heart of Bath.

The university wants to build on absolutely prime historical land adjacent to it's complex, destroying some ancient stone monuments, and a lot of local's sky-lines at the same time. Fuck 'em. A huge percentage of Bath University are highly lucrative, foreign visitors - nothing to do with educating Britons. This may sound provincial and racist, but - in the light of Dyson's failed Academy project - just highlights the lack of investment in Britain's future, at the expense of the so-called economy, in the form of back-handers to building contractors, etc. - and not necessarily British ones either.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 am

Well said Tom. I feel the revolution getting closer.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:47 am

You keep going on about a bloody revolution, like I did in 1968. The thing is you are past retirement age now, and show no signs of wanting to settle down in Cuba. I think I would rather live in Cuba than you. The best thing you can do is stick to shoving stroppy landlords up their own chimneys - but promise not to do that in the George and Pilgrims, as I might want to go back there.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:12 am

We'll see how you feel about the G & P on the 19th!
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 am

I see you've managed to buy a number 9 for your keyboard then, Dave!
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 am

No! Had to buy another Mac, cos mine needs a new keyboard, and it's in the Mac shop asleep at the moment waiting for its pre med. Luckily took out that extended warranty thingy. So 'er indoors has got an early Christmas pressy.

Haven't been able to do this for weeks.

999999999999999999999999999999999999999((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Yahoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 pm

So they convinced you to buy a complete new machine, because you were missing a 9 on the keyboard. There's one born every minute.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Yea. But this new machine's got loads a nines, and I pick up me old Mac tomorrow lunchtime. So I can get down the Bell for a couple on a Saturday. Is that a score or what?
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Calculators have 9s too.
Back to top Go down
http://inksideout.webplus.net/index.html
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Now you bloody well tell me Am.
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Sorry, I've been away for a few days and I've been a bit lax on the information front.
Mobile phones have 9s as well.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Bollocks! To think I already have one of those, and I used it to talk to the Mac shop.
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:39 pm

You wally Dave!
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:54 pm

I might well be a wally, but at least now I can call myself that 9 times. Before I had to say 10 minus 1 or 8 plus 1. So who's the wally now eh?
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:58 pm

I tell you something else as Am. I use this machine for business as well. So it's been very embarrassing having to put the date in. You know. 25th December (between 2008 and 2010)
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 pm

You're easily embarrassed!
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:02 pm

I go very red when I get the year wrong. Especially when it's a cheque.
Back to top Go down
Dylanwing

Dylanwing

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi guys - Not much to add to this. I think that Dorchester Street just about sums up the abilities of Bath planners.
Merry Christmas Dave & Tom. santa
Dylanwing (aka JC)
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Hello Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:42 am

Great you could make it Dylan. Those bastards on the Chronic made it very difficult for me to get the link across. Bunch of childish, small minded wankers that they are. Think you may well enjoy it here. Boss Cats the main culprit for this bunch of reprobates, and Amulet's the one you have to watch out for, being the moderator. She won't stand for any hanky panky, excessive drinking, cursing, nor religious/political naughtiness. Lying's okay.

Nice to have a true Brit for a change. Cat only drags in Yanks and Spaniards.
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 am

^^^^ er one Spaniard!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 am

Hang on gall while I consult with Sir Francis. Oh shit he's always playing bloody bowls.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 am

I'm part Jewish, and my eldest grand daughter has brain damage - do I qualify?
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:12 am

Are you gypsy's as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bath Planners = Tossers   Bath Planners = Tossers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bath Planners = Tossers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .  :: The Snug :: The News Room-
Jump to: