If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Fare

Go down 
+4
Justice
Dave Larkhall
TheCat
La La
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
La La

La La

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Following Crick's Pumpkin Pie thread, I thought it would be good to have a thread for all our Christmas baking and recipes?! I LOVE cooking at Christmas, and have a few things to share, although give me a day or so.....anyway, to kick off my festivitiies I would like to recommend the following recipe:

A glass
A gurt slug of brandy
A gurt slug of port

Merry Christmas!!
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Well it's too late for me to share my Christmas cake and pudding recipes - should have thought of it in September!!
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Christmas Fare DSC_0022 king santa
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Blimey Dave, Christmas comes early in Bath doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Here's my recipe.

Take one big turkey - and FUCKING LEAVE IT ALONE TO CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR, RATHER THAN TO SUFFER A HORRIFIC PREMATURE DEATH!

Peace on earth to all creatures.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:35 pm

And what about the little turkeys?
Back to top Go down
La La

La La

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Justice wrote:
Here's my recipe.

Take one big turkey - and FUCKING LEAVE IT ALONE TO CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR, RATHER THAN TO SUFFER A HORRIFIC PREMATURE DEATH!

Ah bless, J you do make me feel all warm and fluffy inside with your compassionate heart I love you
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Justice wrote:
Here's my recipe.

But turkeys are stupid! They eat so much that they fall off their legs. But you're right, it's cruel. We're having goose this year bounce
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:01 pm

No Cat, turkeys are genetically engineered so that they are so large breasted they can't mate naturally. That's not stupidity, that's cruelty.
Back to top Go down
http://inksideout.webplus.net/index.html
Justice

Justice

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:03 pm

A bit like Jordan you mean? She shouldn't be allowed to breed. I'd like to see her slaughtered for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm

I think you're confusing genetic engineering with plastic surgery. You'd have trouble fitting her in the oven too!
Back to top Go down
http://inksideout.webplus.net/index.html
Justice

Justice

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:10 pm

Buns in the oven?
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:11 pm

he'd put one in her oven.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:13 pm

I can think of very little less appealing than that Dave.

Tom'd give her one in the wrong 'un, but I don't think he (Harvey) would be that impressed.

Oh dear, have I gone too far?
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:15 pm

If you mean Harvey the white rabbit, I think Tom's already given it one.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:22 pm

I've stuffed a few turkeys in the past.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:25 pm

Did they gobble?
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:26 pm

No, I had to strangle the chicken.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:47 pm

Amulet wrote:
No Cat, turkeys are genetically engineered so that they are so large breasted they can't mate naturally. That's not stupidity, that's cruelty.

Yes but they're still stupid. Most animals get a bit apprehensive at slaughter - turkeys just stand there watching their fellows get killed and still happily follow on through - still at least I suppose that means they're not stressed at the end.

Either way they're bloody delicious!
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:53 pm

When I was a kid, my Dad worked for Longmont Foods (the supplier for Butterball Turkeys) and I saw how they raised the turkeys that were packaged and sold for human consumption... I have never been able to eat turkey again. pale

At Christmas I prefer to bake a ham... I know how pigs are raised and slaughtered too, but I didn't personally witness it so it doesn't affect me as deeply. Also, a ham doesn't look like an animal carcass the way a turkey does... it's only a small part of a pig where the turkey is still in one piece.
btw... I don't eat any dead animals, so don't start in about how it's just as cruel to eat a pig or whatever.

We have a family recipe for Jam Cake that I love to make at Christmas... it's a cake spiced with Cloves, laced with walnuts and sweetened with Blackberry Jam then baked in a Bundt Pan. It is perfect for the Holidays... I'd share the recipe, but I was sworn to secrecy when my aunt passed the recipe down to me. You can find similar recipes online, but none as good as our secret family recipe.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:55 pm

"Most animals get a bit apprehensive at slaughter" - Bloody cowards. You wouldn't catch me getting a bit apprehensive at slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:55 pm

I wouldn't eat a turkey to celebrate the birth of Christ, but I'd happily do so as I watched them nail the fucker to the cross.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Oooooh I love secret family recipes! Very mysterious!
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Justice wrote:
I wouldn't eat a turkey to celebrate the birth of Christ, but I'd happily do so as I watched them nail the fucker to the cross.

What did he ever do to you? You're not THAT old that you actually remember him are you J?
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:00 am

I'm actually his dad. He was an obnoxious twat, all that guff about walking on water and healing lepers - still fools a few idiots even now, but most people are seeing through the lies these dasys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Fare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Fare   Christmas Fare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Fare
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next