If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Go down 
+5
Amulet
Justice
TheCat
lucifer
Tom Stephenson
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Justice

Justice

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:20 am

Tom Stephenson wrote:

The strangest traditional food I have ever eaten is the most popular breakfast in Japan. I've forgotten the name of it, but basically it is a sort of dough which they leave to ferment in a bowl of water under the bed for a year or two, and it's next to impossible to eat and tastes disgusting. If you get a small amount on a fork (or chopstick) and try to nibble it, you can stretch it for literally 20 feet before it breaks. It turns into slimy, stringy stuff like spiderweb from Mars. Japanese are mad.

Are you sure you didn't make a mistake and tried to eat a piece of chewing gum they had left on the bedpost over night (or whatever they substitute a bedpost for on a futon), and which had lain undiscovered for 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:25 am

Come to think of it, it was served to me wrapped in a pair of old lady's underpants... I've just looked it up, and it's called 'natto'. Apparently it even makes a lot of Japanese gag.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:52 am

Tom Stephenson wrote:
Come to think of it, it was served to me wrapped in a pair of old lady's underpants... I've just looked it up, and it's called 'natto'. Apparently it even makes a lot of Japanese gag.

If it made of old ladies' underwear it may explain the taste of raw fish.

Dunno why the Japanese make jokes about it though.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Perhaps they make jokes about ladies that dress in them being NATTY dressers.

Thankyouverymuch.

P.S. It's her indoors's birthday today, which is todays excuse for why I am still at home on the computor.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Tom Stephenson wrote:
Perhaps they make jokes about ladies that dress in them being NATTY dressers.

Thankyouverymuch.

P.S. It's her indoors's birthday today, which is todays excuse for why I am still at home on the computor.

Why, has she gone out to do something interesting while leaving you at home to your own devices?
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:03 pm

That about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:27 am

Can't say I have ever eaten anything strange as such. I am quite fussy with what I eat and if I don't like the look of something, I wont eat it.

I can think of one dish, years ago on my first trip to Majorca. It was Beef (so they say) in some sort of sauce with soya beans. It was the worst thing that I have ever tasted.

After that, we ate out every night and never had a cooked meal in the hotel.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:13 pm

I wonder if it was the same thing as I had in Madrid, where I ordered what I thought was going to be a light, fishy sort of thing from the Spanish side of a english/spanish menu, in a traditional restaurant. I accidentally ordered the dish above, which turned out to be an entire leg of beef (probably one of the losers in last-year's bull-fights) which had been saturated in salt which they had not bothered to wash off before lightly blanching it in tepid water. Nothing else.

Or maybe it was just a practical joke for foreigners...
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:29 pm

My Granny had a little bowl under her bed.She use to pee in it as the toilet was downstairs. Are you sure you didn't drink a bowl of pee Tom? Couldn't have a whole new meaning to "taking the piss"
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:50 pm

How do you give your granny a re-bore? Shove in a leg of lamb and pull out the bone.
Back to top Go down
La La

La La

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:59 pm

pale
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:20 pm

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 157474
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 am

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Ewwwwww!
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Did you mean: 'Ooooooooh' ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2