If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Go down 
+5
Amulet
Justice
TheCat
lucifer
Tom Stephenson
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Empty
PostSubject: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 am

I'm going to start the ball rolling with one that I defy you to top - and it's true to boot.

I once ate a necklace made from beads of human bone, that was brought back from Africa in the 19th century by Sir Richard Burton and placed in a museum where it was stolen in a smash and grab raid and sold on to a South African antique dealer who gave it to me.

Beat that.
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:35 pm

I've heard of trying to hide the evidence but that is really going too far. Couldn't you have turned it into a soup or something. I hope they were not the bones of some missionary,and if they were,not an RC.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:44 pm

Sorry Lucy - that's inadmissible as far as I'm concerned. What have you eaten?
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Why did you eat them?
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:04 pm

You have to understand that it was a long time ago - about 40 years - and I didn't know what else to do with them.

Justice will approve. That old misanthrope is always encouraging us to leave animals alone and eat humans.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Tom Stephenson wrote:
You have to understand that it was a long time ago - about 40 years - and I didn't know what else to do with them.

Justice will approve. That old misanthrope is always encouraging us to leave animals alone and eat humans.

I only approve of eating humans if they are still alive as you start munching.

And this is why you shouldn't eat animals killed in abattoirs. Some of this footage is from a slaughterhouse in Somerset - and the perpetrator has had his license revoked:

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/f/CAMPAIGNS/blog//4//?be_id=211
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:40 pm

I saw that on the telly J and i can say it is disgusting what happened to those animals. I do eat meat as you know and i won't stop because of seeing the clip,but i quite unerstand why people like yourself don't.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:04 am

That was truly appalling, Justice. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of practice, and I am not surprised that the bastard's license has been revoked.

The EU regulations regarding abattoirs made it all the more possible for this disgusting stuff to occur, when they regulated, regulated and regulated the ordinary ones out of business, for the sake of factory enterprises.

It is inexcusable to kill an animal in that way (even if you think it is excusable to kill any animal), when it's young are crowding around their mother in panic, bouncing off walls.

Electronic stunning of animals is supposed to be followed by captive bolt, but those cunts decided to do away with captive bolt.

All animals twitch and kick for quite a while after death - more so than humans - but when you consider how much it costs to have a sheep slaughtered (about £12) then you can understand how some unscrupulous slaughterhouses will put through as many as possible, and will not be too fussy about how dead they are before butchering. Also, most slaughterhouses finish business at around midday, so they have to make their money in about half the time of most factories.

This is why I would rather eat game - bred and shot in the field. If you keep pigs, then you are forced to take them to abattoirs. I would rather return to the old method of secluded and personal killing. It's still messy (you have to bleed them, and they still kick around) but it stops the disgusting scenes in those clips, which - I hope - are an exception to the rule.

I may restrict myself to eating game in season (preferably shot by myself), or no meat at all if I think that those clips are typical. I could not eat meat if I knew that was how it was prepared.

Listen Justice - I want you to find some footage of what TYPICALLY happens in the average licensed slaughterhouse just for comparison. Are you capable of doing that? If not, I'll look some up myself and point you in that direction. If it bears ANY resemblance to the footage you have shown, then I will promise only to eat meat that has been killed by me or people I know, or not eat it at all.

As a footnote to this, I'm going to say that - as you know - I've got a few shotguns which I use for clay shooting, and I'm the only one of my club who does not shoot live birds in season, partly because it's so expensive, but also partly because I don't have the heart to bring down a flying bird from the sky. Basically, I am a coward in that respect. I still eat game birds in season though. I was a vegetarian for about 7 years, until I decided to take on the responsibility of the animals' lives. I thought I had done that, but having seen that clip, I am now not so sure.

If I carry on eating meat, it will be on the condition that I have taken full responsibility for it's death - not left the dirty work to some fucked up bastard as shown in those clips. So maybe now I'm going to apply for a firearms licence (different to shotgun certificate, and each gun has to be applied for seperately) and get a scoped rifle to use on a few friends estates for deer. This will mean I will eat a hell of a lot less meat than I do now, but at least I can be sure it didn't go through the hell that the clips show. Either that, or I'll just stop eating meat. It's about time, I suppose. I can't get the image of the sheep in the wheelbarrow out of my head, but I suppose that's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:05 am

I have never been more glad that I don't eat mammals.
Back to top Go down
http://inksideout.webplus.net/index.html

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:51 pm

I haven't watched it (yet) I did eat some preserved snake once from the bottom of a bottle of Thai brandy. It was a dare & I had consumed quite a lot of speed from a carrier bag beforehand so it didn't seem like a silly idea. I chewed for ages, it was very bony (Justice, Rev, Tom you've started typing already I can hear you....!) that was one of the strangest snacks I've had
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:59 pm

glam wrote:
I haven't watched it (yet) I did eat some preserved snake once from the bottom of a bottle of Thai brandy. It was a dare & I had consumed quite a lot of speed from a carrier bag beforehand so it didn't seem like a silly idea. I chewed for ages, it was very bony (Justice, Rev, Tom you've started typing already I can hear you....!) that was one of the strangest snacks I've had

It probably took alot longer to chew than you thought if you'd taken alot of speed. What sort of snake was it? if you heard a noise when you walked afterwards it was probably a rattler! Razz
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Trouser snake, boners etc etc. - yeah yeah yeah. That sort of stuff is below my sophisticated wit. I'll leave it to Rev, Tom Dave to come up (!) with the goods.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:06 pm

The-duke66 wrote:
glam wrote:

It probably took alot longer to chew than you thought if you'd taken alot of speed. What sort of snake was it? if you heard a noise when you walked afterwards it was probably a rattler! Razz

I don't think it was probably a real snake. Glam is a bit gullible, I expect her mate Anna conned her (wah wah waaaaaah!)
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Justice wrote:
The-duke66 wrote:
glam wrote:

I don't think it was probably a real snake. Glam is a bit gullible, I expect her mate Anna conned her (wah wah waaaaaah!)

Its not fair you all know each other. i feel so alone Sad
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:33 pm

I guess you are not in Somerset then Duke, but maybe the Midlands? But if you are I'm sure there will be a chance to meet up. A lot of the regulars from the Old Midsomerset forum got to know each other via that place.
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:38 pm

O i see sorry didnt realise. this is all new to me iv only been a member of one forum before and that was a football one. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 pm

The-duke66 wrote:
O i see sorry didnt realise. this is all new to me iv only been a member of one forum before and that was a football one. Basketball

I though so - from your Avatar. Blackburn isn't it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:40 pm

glam wrote:

If you had speed before eating it, then it may have been a slow-worm which is not a snake at all, but a completely fucking legless lizard.
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:22 am

Justice wrote:
The-duke66 wrote:

Never tell a Wolves fan he supports Blackburn,it's like saying Liverpool only has one team
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 am

Justice wrote:
The-duke66 wrote:

No im not Tony Blackburn he's much older than me! What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? 130938
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:40 am

Back on track with this one: I ate swan once, but don't panic, it was found already dead with a broken neck underneath some power lines by a vegetarian friend of mine who allows himself to eat road-kill. It tasted exactly like the river smells on a hot day - sort of green algae - ish, almost fishy.
Back to top Go down
Loubylou

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:03 am

I've eaten Aligator steaks at a seafood restaurant in Florida once
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:28 am

Hello Louby - yes I saw those places when I did some work in Florida. What a strange notion - that you would want to go to see them being fed chickens in a swimming pool and running around alive but captive, then go to the restaurant and eat some of them, then buy a pair of shoes or a handbag made out of them on your way out.

Funnily enough, someone sent me some photos yesterday of an alligator they spotted in Alabama from a helicopter, swimming through a lake with a huge (11 foot) deer in it's mouth. The gator was 28 feet long - enormous, and probably very old and rare. So what did they do? You guessed it, they shot it. I hate bloody rednecks.

At least in Florida, they usually take good care of the wild ones. A seven foot one was found wandering about in a car park when I was there, and they just bundled into a pick-up and took it back to the glades. I saw one in the pedalo lake of my hotel one night, quietly hunting with it's eyes just above the water. Dogs and children have to take care at the water's edge, but - unless you tread on their nests - humans are usually ok. On the rare occasions that a child or adult is snatched at night, they go out and kill the first large alligator they come across, then tell everyone that they found the culprit, just to keep the idiots happy.
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:59 pm

I ate a beetle one day in a sandwich i got from a supermarket. I won't mention the name but there is one coming soon near you in Glastonbury. The manager said you should have brought it back. I said i did,all over the kitchen floor.
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:48 am

Talking of beetles, some bloke ate a car once, over quite a long period of time. He chopped it up into fun-sized nibbles before ingesting it, obviously. I wonder if he's still alive? (and I wonder if he had a scruncher fitted to his toilet system).

The strangest traditional food I have ever eaten is the most popular breakfast in Japan. I've forgotten the name of it, but basically it is a sort of dough which they leave to ferment in a bowl of water under the bed for a year or two, and it's next to impossible to eat and tastes disgusting. If you get a small amount on a fork (or chopstick) and try to nibble it, you can stretch it for literally 20 feet before it breaks. It turns into slimy, stringy stuff like spiderweb from Mars. Japanese are mad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?   What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next