If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Missheard Lyrics thread

Go down 
+2
Amulet
TheCat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

The Missheard Lyrics thread Empty
PostSubject: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 pm

When this song first came out I thought the second line was "Lays me down with my Mancheirons".

I didn't know what Mancheirons were except I had a vague idea that they may have been from Manchester The Missheard Lyrics thread 9810

Golden brown texture like sun
Lays me down with my mind she runs
Throughout the night
No need to fight
Never a frown with golden brown

Have you ever missheard song lyrics?
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:12 am

My daughter used to think that the lyrics to "Killer Queen" were "Dynamite with a lacy bean"
Back to top Go down
http://inksideout.webplus.net/index.html
Kill All The Hippies

Kill All The Hippies

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 am

Amulet wrote:
My daughter used to think that the lyrics to "Killer Queen" were "Dynamite with a lacy bean"

When I heard "God Save Our Gracious Queen"

I actually thought it said - "Kill that fucking ugly C*nt", but may have just been my tinnitus.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:01 am

Kill all Hippies wrote:
Amulet wrote:

I actually thought it said - "Kill that fucking ugly C*nt", but may have just been my tinnitus.

So not so much missheard as couldn't hear it at all?
Back to top Go down
Kill All The Hippies

Kill All The Hippies

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:03 am

TheCat wrote:
Kill all Hippies wrote:
Amulet wrote:

It was the voices in my head
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:09 am

Kill all Hippies wrote:
TheCat wrote:
Kill all Hippies wrote:
Amulet wrote:

Well it's understandable, what with you living in Glastonbury and all. Hell, when I walk down the High Street I can hear the voices in other people's heads.
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:11 am

TheCat wrote:
Kill all Hippies wrote:
TheCat wrote:
Kill all Hippies wrote:
Amulet wrote:

Well it's understandable, what with you living in Glastonbury and all. Hell, when I walk down the High Street I can hear the voices in other people's heads.

Well, most of them aren't thinking much!
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:15 am

Amulet wrote:
TheCat wrote:
Kill all Hippies wrote:
TheCat wrote:
Kill all Hippies wrote:
Amulet wrote:

Well, most of them aren't thinking much!

They can't think much. There's no room for thought with all those voices.
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Missheard lyrics   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:15 am

The Smiths (Half a person)
Lyrics : sixteen clumsy and shy.
I thought it was : 16 Columbian drive! i thought it must be where he lived The Missheard Lyrics thread 9810 My friend still take the piss about it now.
Back to top Go down
rugbyboy

rugbyboy

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:49 pm

My ole mum used to think "My Eyes Adored you"

Was "my eyes are Dodgy"
Back to top Go down
Indigo

Indigo

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:27 pm

My 7year old daughter always sings 'Whats that coming over the hill, is it a lobster, is it a lobster?'

Personally I think its an improvement!
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Well we always like to sing "I'm bringing pastry back" when that dreadful Justin Timberlake song comes on, but that's mainly to stop us from vomiting copiously.

There's also that song that goes "Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air". I like to substitute the word "pants" for hands.

I also heard that in Bohemian Rhapsody, the bit that goes "A devil put aside for me" is better as "A devil for a sideboard".

I also like to read the word "masterpiece" as "mantelpiece" but that could well be too much information. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Missheard Lyrics thread   The Missheard Lyrics thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Missheard Lyrics thread
Page 1 of 1