If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Britain's fattest woman dies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Britain's fattest woman dies Empty
PostSubject: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 am

"Britain's fattest woman has died from a heart attack after her family smuggled takeaways and junk food into her hospital room, it has been revealed.

Junk food addict Sharon Mevsimler, 40, weighed 45 stone and needed an oxygen mask due to the strain her weight put on her heart and lungs.

But witnesses at Broomfield Hospital - where she had been a patient for two months - said relatives brought in fish and chips and family-sized buckets of fried chicken to the mother-of-four."

Mrs Mevsimler, whose husband Bulent gave up his job as a chef to look after her, died at the weekend.

An NHS source told The Sun: 'She obviously had a serious underlying problem with food, but did nothing to help herself.

'Those who came to visit her in hospital did her no favours.

'We saw them bringing in various fatty foods like fish and chips and huge portions of fried chicken when she should not have been eating these things.

'It was infuriating to see her literally eating herself to death.'

The mother-of-four, who was just 5ft tall, had received 24-hour care since 2005 - including a three-month stint in the exclusive £5,000-a-month Priory Clinic paid for by the NHS.

She had begun to comfort eat after suffering severe post-natal depression.

She is also believed to have undergone a £30,000 gastric by-pass operation earlier this year.

Doctors told her she had just months to live in 2007 because of her size - then 42 stone.

Mrs Mevsimler said earlier this month: 'I have been left to die. If I was anorexic I would get proper help but no one has sympathy for obese people.'

She had been confined to a specially strengthened bed at the hospital in Chelmsford.

The hospital has refused to comment.

Her death comes just months after Britain's biggest man - 70-stone Paul Mason from Ipswich - underwent a gastric by-pass to control his obesity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1297646/Britains-fattest-woman-Sharon-Mevsimler-dies-heart-attack-binge.html#ixzz0usK68FlI

Last edited by TheCat on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:57 am

This story makes me really angry! What were her relatives thinking when they were bringing her the very stuff that was likely to kill her?? How bloody irresponsible!
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:59 am

Not to mention the tens of thousands of pounds worth of treatment she'd already had on the NHS! Grrrrrrr!!
Back to top Go down
frosty

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

so she gained 3 stone since the docs warned her in 2007 and whines about being left to die

sad
Back to top Go down
rugbyboy

rugbyboy

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:01 pm

so who ate all the pies?
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Did it say nil by mouth above her bed?
Back to top Go down
frosty

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

i dont know
Back to top Go down
Fran

Fran

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Speaking as a heifer myself,she gives fatties a bad name.I know it's not easy to cut out junk food & exercise especially at that size but she seemed to think someone should have been able to lose the weight for her!Whether it's a stay at thr Priory or a gastric band she had all the help that was going.More than most fatties will ever see but she wouldn't put any effort in herself & without that any other methods are useless.I doubt her family would have smuggled in the tuck hampers if she hadn't asked for them or if she had asked them not to bring food in.They should have refused to bring food in but I think she was on borrowed time & was circling the drain anyway.No point blaming the NHS or anyone else.

Why am I fat? Slow metabolism & a fast pie arm.............. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britain's fattest woman dies   Britain's fattest woman dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Britain's fattest woman dies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .  :: The Snug :: The News Room-
Jump to: