If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The illusion of democracy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

The illusion of democracy Empty
PostSubject: The illusion of democracy   The illusion of democracy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Here's my latest rant to the Bath Chronicle.

Are you as disillusioned as me with the illusion of democracy in our city and country?

The sadness of Doctor Kelly having his name besmirched by a lily livered, knighted senior civil servant, then suppressing the reports for a lifetime.

Ed Balls MP deciding on our behalf, that reports on major child abuse cases must be kept under wraps to safeguard the interests of the children.

MP’s expense forms having to contain masses of black felt tipped redactions, thus suppressing the nasty facts, just in case we the electorate discover which abode they are falsely claiming second home allowance for.

The Chilcot fiasco is an old boys forum with no legal status, no ability to cross-examine, and no subsequent prosecution intention for criminal activity.

Closer to home is the July planning committee meeting to consider the Bath transport package. The vote lost, then cancelled, and subsequently reconvened with a pre-arranged positive majority.

I wonder if Paul Daniels would make himself available to lead our country or our city. His ‘saw the person in half’ illusion would be very welcome in Westminster or The Guildhall.
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: The illusion of democracy   The illusion of democracy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Very well put Dave. I see it's going to cost £250'00 to protect Blair come friday. I have a friend who could protect us from him for a fiver.
Back to top Go down
Dylanwing

Dylanwing

PostSubject: Re: The illusion of democracy   The illusion of democracy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:24 pm

No wonder Iraq and Afghanistan don't want our democracy. Must think of a good reply to post on to the Chronic site on Thursday......
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: The illusion of democracy   The illusion of democracy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Might be too much for them to print Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Dylanwing

Dylanwing

PostSubject: Re: The illusion of democracy   The illusion of democracy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I think they'll print it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The illusion of democracy   The illusion of democracy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The illusion of democracy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .  :: The Snug :: The News Room-
Jump to: