If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two little boys and two other little boys.

Go down 
+5
Amulet
TheCat
gallega100
lucifer
Dave Larkhall
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The-duke66

The-duke66

Two little boys and two other little boys. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two little boys and two other little boys.   Two little boys and two other little boys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Dave Larkhall wrote:
Take your point cat. Thread has gone astray somewhat. But that's how things go sometimes in debate. Sorry!

As for the strayed into topic, Duke has an important point in that he is so right about lack of activity in the construction industry. It's almost as if there's a closed sign up. Here in Bath we are slightly insulated from this effect in that there are plenty of wealthy folk here that have decided to stay and improve. But talking to my daughter today, who is in a town planning private practice, she confirms that things are very grim out there. Most house building sites shut down, very little commercial construction. Certainly no manufacturing buildings going up. Her practice is nationwide, so she has good feedback.

Now that is very concerning, as the construction industry really is the engine room of our economy, and probably the largest employer. With respect to your comment regarding public employees and public projects Dylan. I do agree that there is a definite top heavy management structure that will have to go, and probably a trim down through all levels. But for the life of me I cannot see how spending vast sums of taxpayers money, or getting the Bank of England to print more for Public infrastructure projects can be the panacea to cure the economic mess. We need projects that earn profit, and urgent investment in manufactured goods that the world wants to buy from us. Building bridges, railway lines and roads etc. won't do that.

Like you Duke and Dylan I cannot see where the dictatorial leadership is going to come from left, right or centre to actually MAKE the right decisions to make the right things work.

By G0d this country desperately needs a saviour right now.

Thanks Dave you put it so much better than i could. Vote Dave thats what i say!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Professor

The Professor

PostSubject: Re: Two little boys and two other little boys.   Two little boys and two other little boys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Bring on Dave then.
Back to top Go down
rugbyboy

rugbyboy

PostSubject: Re: Two little boys and two other little boys.   Two little boys and two other little boys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:25 pm

with a name like Dave i'd vote for him
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Two little boys and two other little boys.   Two little boys and two other little boys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Dave they want to bring back Jesus mate. He came two thousand years ago and set all this off. No wonder he hasn't been back since.
Back to top Go down
The Professor

The Professor

PostSubject: Re: Two little boys and two other little boys.   Two little boys and two other little boys. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Hee hee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two little boys and two other little boys.   Two little boys and two other little boys. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two little boys and two other little boys.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .  :: The Snug :: The News Room-
Jump to: