If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football and shit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Never used that pub RB, but I was only a lad of sixteen when I was at Stamford Bridge. If you meant the Lord Palmerston, I think a few of the lads used it. My soccer background was very short lived. I actually lived next door to Greavesie in a place called Hainault. We went to school together although he was a year older than me. His dad was a tube train driver, and on his Sunday rest days he used to take Jimmy and me out into the field that backed onto our houses. He would bash a cricket stump into the ground then tie Jims left leg and my right leg to the stump and throw footballs at us for hours on end. Taught us to kick and control a ball with our weaker feet.

Strange when I look back to those late fifties, how the memories flood back. We had the most amazing school team. Jim played inside left, with me at left half. What a talent he was, even in those early days. We played one game against a very good school team, and beat them 26 nil. Jim scored 26 goals.

We followed the same path. School, Dagenham, Essex and London schoolboys. Ted Drake was the main man in those days and I spent a few months as a trainee, and that's where I met the head of Chopper. Full frontal as they say. He was the hardest thing since granite, but what a stopper.

Sadly, I looked around one day and realised the talent at the club far exceeded my capability, so I joined the navy. In those days the forces were sport orientated, so I had a really great time getting off all sorts of nasty duties whilst playing for the RN.

Going back to Jim. I am convinced that he was one of the greatest football talents this country has ever produced. Even in his early teens his turn of speed off the mark and ball control was amazing. Another thing that convinced me of my fallibility was that Jim treated training with scorn. He would cheat all week, then go out on Saturday and run for ninety minutes without gasping for breath. I would train like hell for the week, and still struggle to complete ninety minutes on my feet.

Anyway, there you go, you got me going there for a while. Just as an aside, my partner Val, when I first met her had a house in Chelsea in a little cul de sac called The Billings. Do you know 'The Fox & Hounds' and 'The Black Bull'?
Back to top Go down
Dylanwing

Dylanwing

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Dave - Struggled to control your balls, so you ended up with a load of seamen......
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Now Now Dylan, let's hear no more tales of rollicking bollicking tarry arsed sons of Neptune if you don't mind. Else I'll get you Cat o' nine tailed.
Back to top Go down
rugbyboy

rugbyboy

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Dave yep Lord Palm, i know andhave drunk in both them other pubs, that place in the billings now would be worth about 2.5mil! and chelsea's ground is massive!, the whole area around it has been knocked down right to the stn and re developed, oops off track, how's your leg cricket? mine still hurts but i don't like to mention it
Back to top Go down
rugbyboy

rugbyboy

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 pm

http://images.google.com/images?q=photo+of+stamford+bridge&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF_en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=aIlXS_f7KKj00gTRmaD0BA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQsAQwAA

how its changed
Back to top Go down
rugbyboy

rugbyboy

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hiPt-FsyfZpSGAOT1U94yP_QG7cA

i could do that
Come on you Lillie Whites
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Thats sanitary towels isn't it?
Back to top Go down
The Professor

The Professor

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Rev, you used to be SUCH a nice guy...............
Back to top Go down
rugbyboy

rugbyboy

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:27 pm

lucifer wrote:
Thats sanitary towels isn't it?
they are playing like they need them!
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 pm

I once chatted up a girl that worked at Tampax in Havant near Portsmouth.

When she told me where she was employed, I made a classic error and told her she must roll her own. Funny thing she told me to eff off
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:39 pm

rugbyboy wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hiPt-FsyfZpSGAOT1U94yP_QG7cA

i could do that
Come on you Lillie Whites

At my age she has to put me in the freezer to get a hard on, let alone keepy uppy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Football and shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football and shit   Football and shit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Football and shit
Page 1 of 1