If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's this Loubylou?

Go down 
+2
gallega100
Dave Larkhall
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Who's this Loubylou? Empty
PostSubject: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:18 am

Well?
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 am

Andy Pandy's girlfriend??
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 am

Andy Pansy's boyfriend?
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 am

Nah that was little Ted.
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:23 am

Loubylou who? scratch I think newbies like me need more to go on before we are able to answer your question Dave.
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:06 am

I think Dave was enquiring about the forum member from here called Loubylou. We know her from SW!

This is the Andy Pandy I was referring to. Much loved childs programme when I was a child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK0ION3ZQk
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks for clearing that up... I felt lost there for a while.

I was thinking he meant Cindy Lou Who from the Grinch story. Laughing

Last edited by Crick on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:20 am

Teletubbies is more my thing, and judging by a photo I just found on Facebook I think someone else may agree.

Encouraging young kids to get into picnic hampers would be frowned upon these days, but back then even Muffin the Mule was shown ON PRIME TIME TV!
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:46 am

Aaaawwwww Justice you've been looking for me. How damn sweet of you! Yep tis me, my neice insisted I wore it the bludy thing. The guy in the pic is my brother Miguel.

J don't you think the Muffin the Mule skit is a bit passe now? It must have been told a million times surely! Tsk tsk you not on form this morning??
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 am

No I'm not on form, I have Manflu and a chest infection(!!!).

The MTM skit was for our American friends who may not be familiar with it. I would post a picture but my safe image search setting won't let me.

I'm glad I don't know Miguel - he looks nearly as scary as Grumpy! Might be handy if he (Miguel) is on hand and on my side on Friday night.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:18 am

Maybe we should fly Dave's brother over too. I don't think my brother would be much help:

Who's this Loubylou? Baboon-baby_vf-2947_blog
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 am

Justice wrote:
No I'm not on form, I have Manflu and a chest infection(!!!).

The MTM skit was for our American friends who may not be familiar with it. I would post a picture but my safe image search setting won't let me.

I'm glad I don't know Miguel - he looks nearly as scary as Grumpy! Might be handy if he (Miguel) is on hand and on my side on Friday night.

Mmmmm seeking sympathy now are we!?!?!

Here ya go J nice version of whar Muffin the Mule is really about !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin_the_Mule.

Miguel is a sweetie, one of my best friends as well as my brother. He has learning disabilities, but that doesn't impinge on his ability to live life, thankfully.
Eeerrrmmm I'm not attending on Friday seeing as I live up north an' all and the "do" a long way away, so sorry but Miguel won't be able to help you out!
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 pm

I saw thos pics as well, Gal, and I thought you made a jolly looking pair. (Your brother was good too).
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

I haven't seen those jolly pears!
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 pm

gallega100 wrote:

Miguel is a sweetie, one of my best friends as well as my brother. He has learning disabilities, but that doesn't impinge on his ability to live life, thankfully.

I used to have a career (for about a decade) working with adults with learning difficulties (fuck me how did I sucker both the NHS and a charity into letting me have a job with vulnerable people I hear you ask!), and it is naturally assumed that "they" are quite happy and don't let life get them down. Alas this is not the case! Have you ever for example, seen a miserable looking person with Down's Syndrome? Probably not as they have smiley moon faces and just like a cuddle - yet they are just as susceptible to things like depression as the rest of the population.
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Tom Stephenson wrote:
I saw thos pics as well, Gal, and I thought you made a jolly looking pair. (Your brother was good too).

aaaaawwww thank you so much Tom! I thought we looked ridicuous, but two fancy dress parties in one night so it had to be done!
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Thank you for that information J. I wasn't saying he's happy all the time because he isn't, and is currently going through a mental health crisis and as you are aware many adults with learning disabilities have periods of mental health crises and dual diagnosis issues.

I also worked in Learning Disabilities services (and NHS, scary we may have things in common eh!!) and my experience isn't about people with Down's Syndrome being "smiley moon faced people", but individuals. I have friends with Down's Syndrome who have added problems such as being on the Autism Spectrum and life is very hard for them, because thier social and communication abiilties are further impaired.

Having said that my godson, who is a vibrant 22 year old guy, with a great zest for life, has Down's Syndrome and yes he can be a cantankerous sod, but thats part of who he is, like me being a cantankerous sod makes me who I am!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 pm

I am a cantankerous old sod too (oh really!)! And to quote: "...and my experience isn't about people with Down's Syndrome being "smiley moon faced people", but individuals.

That's the sentiment I agree with in case you got the wrong impression, but unfortunately people with learning disabilities (and/or physical ones) do tend to get looked at collectively rather than individually and that's sad.

Alas I still find Joey Deacon jokes funny! Blue Peter has a lot more to answer for than just the Socks the Cat naming fiasco - their promotion of the JD story possibly caused more harm than good.
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:53 pm

No J I didn't get the wrong impression at all (damn the written word eh!!). I was just letting you know of my experiences in agreement with what you said. I don't find humour in the Joey Deacon ect stuff as it certainly did more harm than good, but that's about the constant marginilisation of people especially with learning disabilities. Would be a better world for all if that would stop! Oh for a perfect world eh!!
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Justice wrote:
I am a cantankerous old sod too (oh really!)! And to quote: "...and my experience isn't about people with Down's Syndrome being "smiley moon faced people", but individuals.

That's the sentiment I agree with in case you got the wrong impression, but unfortunately people with learning disabilities (and/or physical ones) do tend to get looked at collectively rather than individually and that's sad.

Alas I still find Joey Deacon jokes funny! Blue Peter has a lot more to answer for than just the Socks the Cat naming fiasco - their promotion of the JD story possibly caused more harm than good.
Hi Justice nice to see you back, though you've probably been on for a while, i haven't for a few days had some sorting out to do. Anyway i agree with the joey Deacon thing, i know they were only trying to high light disabilities but they didn't realise how cruel kids (children! wouldn't want to upset anyone) could be.
Its still going on today i heard kids saying your such a joey to each other only a few months ago. Im not trying to be funny but i thought that are American cousins would like to know who we're on about.
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:16 pm

gallega100 wrote:
No J I didn't get the wrong impression at all (damn the written word eh!!). I was just letting you know of my experiences in agreement with what you said. I don't find humour in the Joey Deacon ect stuff as it certainly did more harm than good, but that's about the constant marginilisation of people especially with learning disabilities. Would be a better world for all if that would stop! Oh for a perfect world eh!!
Sorry Gall, i didnt read what you posted.
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:02 pm

The-duke66 wrote:
Justice wrote:

Hi Justice nice to see you back, though you've probably been on for a while, i haven't for a few days had some sorting out to do. Anyway i agree with the joey Deacon thing, i know they were only trying to high light disabilities but they didn't realise how cruel kids (children! wouldn't want to upset anyone) could be.
Its still going on today i heard kids saying your such a joey to each other only a few months ago. Im not trying to be funny but i thought that are American cousins would like to know who we're on about.

Nice to see me back thanks Duke, most people like to see the back of me (but then I do have a fit arse!).

Yeah it's amazing how the Joey thing still goes on now - by people who are far to young to remember it! I have a weird sense of humour (who would have guessed) and it makes me find all sorts of things funny that really I shouldn't.

There was a news item on TV this afternoon about a Christmas card being removed from the shelves by Tesco after someone complained about it: The card shows a child with ginger hair sitting on the lap of Santa Claus, and the words: "Santa loves all kids. Even ginger ones."

Even I was offended, poor Santa really thinks ginger kids are twats, how can they so misrepresent him?
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Laughing One of my x Wifes had ginger hair and she was a complete Twat!! And yes it is true what they say about ginger women! pale
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm

What do they say about ginger women?
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Justice wrote:
What do they say about ginger women?
Lets just say there a bit smellier then your average women, cunnilingus is not recommended!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's this Loubylou?   Who's this Loubylou? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's this Loubylou?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .  :: Welcome :: Reception-
Jump to: