If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .

If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Aly was kind enough...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackCherry

BlackCherry

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 45
Location : location, location!

PostSubject: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:18 pm

...to finally press the right button and let me in. Very Happy

Coincidentally of course when there was no one else here so...erm... Razz

But hiya and looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Posts : 1426
Join date : 2009-09-02
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Welcome Black Cherry!

_________________
DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY THINGS AND DON'T PET THE SWEATY THINGS.
Back to top Go down
http://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
The-duke66

The-duke66

Posts : 830
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 53
Location : Daydream land

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Blackcherry, hope you have fun. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Hello and welcome to the Best of the West. Wee bit quiet at the moment, because Tom's probably got his fist wrapped around a pint down at the Bell End Inn, Cat's no doubt creating some gastronomical delicacy with which to tempt our tender palettes, Amulet will be sticking needles up some poor unsuspecting creatures nostrils, Duke's trying to work out how to ride a donkey whilst releasing a shot from his seventeenth century ram rod musket and rolling a spliff left handed whilst playing with himself.

I have an idea that Britplod is sneaking around the area armed with a wet lettuce and a large magnifying glass, his warrant card wedged up his arse, and his handcuffs still wrapped round the wrists of Madam Tutu attaching her to his ancient brass bed head. He's convinced he is closing in on two very naughty individuals, Justice and La La. Little does he know they've escaped to a safe Spanish haven. With the loot I might add.

Then of course there's Gallega or Gaggega, or Gaggy. Oh! cojones to it, I can never spell her name. Anyway she's probably holding a conversation in Spanish with Google. Gordon Brown, oops sorry can't say that. G()D only knows what they get to talk about.

So that sums it up really. Guess you won't be back then?
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

Posts : 830
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 53
Location : Daydream land

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Dave Larkhall wrote:
Hello and welcome to the Best of the West. Wee bit quiet at the moment, because Tom's probably got his fist wrapped around a pint down at the Bell End Inn, Cat's no doubt creating some gastronomical delicacy with which to tempt our tender palettes, Amulet will be sticking needles up some poor unsuspecting creatures nostrils, Duke's trying to work out how to ride a donkey whilst releasing a shot from his seventeenth century ram rod musket and rolling a spliff left handed whilst playing with himself.

I have an idea that Britplod is sneaking around the area armed with a wet lettuce and a large magnifying glass, his warrant card wedged up his arse, and his handcuffs still wrapped round the wrists of Madam Tutu attaching her to his ancient brass bed head. He's convinced he is closing in on two very naughty individuals, Justice and La La. Little does he know they've escaped to a safe Spanish haven. With the loot I might add.

Then of course there's Gallega or Gaggega, or Gaggy. Oh! cojones to it, I can never spell her name. Anyway she's probably holding a conversation in Spanish with Google. Gordon Brown, oops sorry can't say that. G()D only knows what they get to talk about.

So that sums it up really. Guess you won't be back then?

You know us all so well Dave, its frighting. pirat
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm

There are two and a half million CCTV cameras trained on you all as I write.

Stop picking yer nose Grumpy!
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

Posts : 391
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 60
Location : Up north

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Lol!
You know us all too well indeed Dave! Just call me Maria, my given name to avoid any confusion! flower
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

Posts : 391
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 60
Location : Up north

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm

PS Welcome Black Cherry!
Back to top Go down
The-duke66

The-duke66

Posts : 830
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 53
Location : Daydream land

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Dave Larkhall wrote:
There are two and a half million CCTV cameras trained on you all as I write.

Stop picking yer nose Grumpy!
Thats snot funny!!
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:25 pm

For G()DS sake Cat. Why on earth are you wearing a winceyette nightgown and furry slippers. And take those bloody great curlers out.
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

Posts : 178
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 40
Location : Sonoran Desert

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:02 am

I guess Dave doesn't know me well enough to guess where I was... Crying or Very sad ...when I wasn't sleeping, I was out spending money all day, buying myself a new television and more stuff I don't really need.

but anyway...

Who's Aly? ... scratch ...just kidding! Welcome BlackCherry, I'm glad you are here... I'm not the newest noob anymore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Stephenson

Tom Stephenson

Posts : 956
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 am

gallega100 wrote:
Lol!
You know us all too well indeed Dave! Just call me Maria, my given name to avoid any confusion! flower

I feel a song coming on, but not that one. My favourite is the Spike Milligan version: "Maria - I've just met a man called Maria."
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 am

How can I get to know you well Crick? I'm always asleep or just sliding off the end of me last wine bottle when you're up and singing.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:23 am

So where is this Black Cherry person?

Comes on here, large as life, gets us all going, takes all our details, then buggers off.

He's a spy!
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

Posts : 391
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 60
Location : Up north

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:48 am

Tom Stephenson wrote:
gallega100 wrote:
Lol!
You know us all too well indeed Dave! Just call me Maria, my given name to avoid any confusion! flower

I feel a song coming on, but not that one. My favourite is the Spike Milligan version: "Maria - I've just met a man called Maria."

hehehe. Funny as a fan of Mr Milligan I can't remember that song by him? I prefer, "how do you solve a problem like Maria"!
Back to top Go down
BlackCherry

BlackCherry

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 45
Location : location, location!

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks for the welcomes everyone...as well as the thread hijack...I love it already!! Very Happy Very Happy

Dave Larkhall wrote:
So where is this Black Cherry person?
Comes on here, large as life, gets us all going, takes all our details, then buggers off.
He's a spy!

Wow! Go back to my day job for a few and already I'm accused of being a spy AND a man to boot! I definitely love it!

I'm in the US so there will be time zone differences and I don't log on much past the work day...unlike my work life my social/extracurricular life is a bit more busy. That said...message board spying? Please...that's a bit on the pathetic get a life side of things isn't it? Not exactly my cup of tea.

Oh and I'm very much a woman...I'd say lady but you'd see through that far too quickly. Razz

PS: I think I know you from another site that is now defunct, Mr. Dave so chillax and have a beer. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:53 pm

I've gotta bruvver in Americal (that's Bristolian, they always add an L to everything) Like what areal are you from. Anyway back to my bruv. His name's Alan. Do you know 'im?

And you didn't say you was a doll, babe, but welcome anyway. I can't have a glass till 5pm. 'Er indoors won't let me. I bet Tom's got his mitts around a pint right now. Lucky sod.

I don't recognise that avatar from a previous life cherry baby. What were you prostituting yourself as there then?
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:14 pm

This might be interesting. He's known as Bill Smarme. Bet Tom knows him well. He drinks in the Bell as well.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65sFZc0WOyc
Back to top Go down
BlackCherry

BlackCherry

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 45
Location : location, location!

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:16 pm

Dave Larkhall wrote:
I've gotta bruvver in Americal (that's Bristolian, they always add an L to everything) Like what areal are you from. Anyway back to my bruv. His name's Alan. Do you know 'im?

And you didn't say you was a doll, babe, but welcome anyway. I can't have a glass till 5pm. 'Er indoors won't let me. I bet Tom's got his mitts around a pint right now. Lucky sod.

I don't recognise that avatar from a previous life cherry baby. What were you prostituting yourself as there then?

Hmm...while I do know an Alan or two, it is a big country so I don't know that I've had the pleasure.

Thankfully, they let us have a beer or two at my office...it comes in handy (and then goes directly to mouthy) from time to time.

I probably didn't use the Slap Shot crew before...perhaps you'll remember such classics as:







or



I was under a different user name too, but that will be a more fun mystery to solve! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 pm

Don't understand all that stuff BC. American football's a game for poofters, baseball is a girly game over here called rounders, and ice hockey's played with weird Shakespearian thingy called a puck.

Here, watch this and see some real sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCbG4I0QyA
Back to top Go down
BlackCherry

BlackCherry

Posts : 29
Join date : 2009-12-09
Age : 45
Location : location, location!

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Dave Larkhall wrote:
Don't understand all that stuff BC. American football's a game for poofters, baseball is a girly game over here called rounders, and ice hockey's played with weird Shakespearian thingy called a puck.

Here, watch this and see some real sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCbG4I0QyA

Yes, you're definitely the Dave I remember...as I've seen this response before. lol Actually, you'll be quite surprised to know I'm very well versed in other sports...like soccer (which is brilliant when they go down like they've been shot after a tap in the shin...not girlie at all, right?), I've actually played rugby (and remember, I'm a girlie...oops). But ice hockey...ah, ice hockey will always reign supreme in my heart regardless of the aspersions cast upon it.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

Posts : 840
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 76
Location : Larkhall Bath

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 pm

I concede Hockey. At least that's played in many other countries and I quite enjoy the obvious high skills. But it could never be considered worldwide. Couldn't play it in central Africa.
Back to top Go down
Crick

Crick

Posts : 178
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 40
Location : Sonoran Desert

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 am

BlackCherry wrote:
...I'm in the US...
I knew you were an American when I understood your post in the Forsty thread and nobody else did... Thank goodness I have another American around... somebody I can understand and who may understand me too!

I haven't actually checked to see if it's listed in your profile, but since you like the Steelers and you love Hockey, I'm going to assume you're from up North near Michigan or Wisconsin... somewhere in that area... it's a total stereotype, but I'd be curious to know how close I am.
Back to top Go down
Amulet

Amulet

Posts : 833
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 46
Location : Glastonbury

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello Black Cherry!
Back to top Go down
http://inksideout.webplus.net/index.html
Justice

Justice

Posts : 789
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Hello BC, are you black and do you still have your cherry?

I am only asking for the benefit of Dave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Aly was kind enough...   

Back to top Go down
 
Aly was kind enough...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» What kind of trainer AM I?
» A one-of-a-kind writer
» Cute in a'Poor kid, NHS specs' kind of way!!LOL
» Video Series Don'ts
» cox peewee .020

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .  :: Welcome :: Reception-
Jump to: