If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I lost The Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:46 pm

The Game is an ongoing mind game, the objective of which is to avoid thinking about The Game itself. Thinking about The Game constitutes a loss, which, according to the rules of The Game, must then be announced. How to win The Game is not defined in the rules; players can only attempt to avoid losing for as long as possible. The Game has been described alternately as pointless and infuriating, or as a challenging game that is fun to play. As of 2008, The Game is acknowledged by millions worldwide.

Rules

There are three rules to The Game:

1. Everyone in the world is playing The Game. (Sometimes narrowed to: "Everybody in the world who knows about The Game is playing The Game", or alternatively, "You are always playing The Game.")
2. Whenever one thinks about The Game, one loses.
3. Losses must be announced to at least one person (a statement such as "I lost The Game" is often used).

Some players allow a grace period of up to half an hour after someone has lost, during which a player cannot lose The Game again, or is not obliged to announce a loss. According to the common rules, The Game is never ending and there is no way to win. However, one variation of The Game ends when the British Prime Minister announces "The Game is up" on television.

Strategies

Some players have developed strategies for making other people lose, such as writing about The Game on hidden notes, or saying "The Game" out loud, as graffiti in public places, and on banknotes.
Origin

The origins of The Game are uncertain. One theory is that when two men missed their last train and had to spend the whole night on a platform, they tried not to think about their situation and whoever did first, lost. Another is that it was invented in London in 1996 "to annoy people". The reported earliest known reference on the Internet is from 2002. The Game is an example of ironic processing, also known as the White Bear Phenomenon, in which attempts to avoid certain thoughts make those thoughts more persistent. A classic example of ironic processing is Dostoevsky's quote: “Try to pose for yourself this task: not to think of a polar bear, and you will see that the cursed thing will come to mind every minute.”
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:48 pm

I lost The Game Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Bucks Fizz

Bucks Fizz

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Huh :?:
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 pm

It's probably too difficult for someone from Essex tongue
Back to top Go down
Bucks Fizz

Bucks Fizz

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:29 pm

You definitely need to get some whacking smilies!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Bucks Fizz wrote:
You definitely need to get some wanking smilies!!! Mad

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bucks Fizz

Bucks Fizz

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Why the hell did I join here? scratch
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Because you love me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bucks Fizz

Bucks Fizz

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:02 pm

TheCat wrote:
Because you love me Very Happy
Is there a throwing up smilie on here? pale That'll have to do lol
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:06 pm

I love you
Back to top Go down
Kill All The Hippies

Kill All The Hippies

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:18 am

TheCat wrote:
The Game is an ongoing mind game, the objective of which is to avoid thinking about The Game itself. Thinking about The Game constitutes a loss, which, according to the rules of The Game, must then be announced. How to win The Game is not defined in the rules; players can only attempt to avoid losing for as long as possible. The Game has been described alternately as pointless and infuriating, or as a challenging game that is fun to play. As of 2008, The Game is acknowledged by millions worldwide.

Rules

There are three rules to The Game:

1. Everyone in the world is playing The Game. (Sometimes narrowed to: "Everybody in the world who knows about The Game is playing The Game", or alternatively, "You are always playing The Game.")
2. Whenever one thinks about The Game, one loses.
3. Losses must be announced to at least one person (a statement such as "I lost The Game" is often used).

Some players allow a grace period of up to half an hour after someone has lost, during which a player cannot lose The Game again, or is not obliged to announce a loss. According to the common rules, The Game is never ending and there is no way to win. However, one variation of The Game ends when the British Prime Minister announces "The Game is up" on television.

Strategies

Some players have developed strategies for making other people lose, such as writing about The Game on hidden notes, or saying "The Game" out loud, as graffiti in public places, and on banknotes.
Origin

The origins of The Game are uncertain. One theory is that when two men missed their last train and had to spend the whole night on a platform, they tried not to think about their situation and whoever did first, lost. Another is that it was invented in London in 1996 "to annoy people". The reported earliest known reference on the Internet is from 2002. The Game is an example of ironic processing, also known as the White Bear Phenomenon, in which attempts to avoid certain thoughts make those thoughts more persistent. A classic example of ironic processing is Dostoevsky's quote: “Try to pose for yourself this task: not to think of a polar bear, and you will see that the cursed thing will come to mind every minute.”

Sounds like a shite version of Fight Club
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:22 pm

I lost the game again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I lost The Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost The Game   I lost The Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I lost The Game
Page 1 of 1