If you can't stand the heat . . . . . .
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swine flu death estimate lowered

Go down 
+6
Justice
Dave Larkhall
La La
gallega100
kaz
TheCat
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

Swine flu death estimate lowered Empty
PostSubject: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Predictions that 65,000 people could die from swine flu in the UK this winter are unlikely to be realised, latest figures suggest.

Government scientific advisors have revised the figure to produce a worst case scenario of 19,000 deaths.

That is based on one in three people becoming infected, said Chief Medical Officer Professor Sir Liam Donaldson.

Cases of swine flu continue to drop off with only 4,500 new cases in England last week.

The virus is still causing mild illness in most people but some suffer serious complications and Sir Liam warned against complacency.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8236768.stm

Are we feeling complacent now? Has it all been a storm in a teacup?

Have you had swine flu? How bad was it?
Back to top Go down
https://cantstandtheheat.forumotion.net
kaz

kaz

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:12 am

Has anyone ever met anyone who's had it or got it? I haven't.
Back to top Go down
gallega100

gallega100

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:53 am

kaz wrote:

I work with a few people who say they had it as in some sympoms etc. They ranged between returning to work after fours day to taking 6 weeks off sick. No one has any other medical conditions which make them vulnerable. I got a heavy summer cold a continued working; similar symptoms but I think we all know when its a heavy cold and when its something worse.

Lots of folks got extended leave as a result of swine flu this summer IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:25 pm

kaz wrote:

I know a bloke who had it - he was in bed for 6 days and on tamiflu, which made him feel worse, incidentally. I think his case was genuine. I know a lot of people who've had colds and have claimed them to be swine flu though.
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm waiting for RB's response to this thread Laughing
Back to top Go down
La La

La La

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:38 pm

TheCat wrote:
I'm waiting for RB's response to this thread Laughing

My colleague had it, had very high temperature, feeling of being hot /cold for about 48 hours, was over it in a week. Doesn't sound that far removed from a bloody bad cold really in her case.
Back to top Go down
Dave Larkhall

Dave Larkhall

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Does anybody know of, or met a pig that's had Human Flu. Swine flu death estimate lowered 428195
Back to top Go down
Justice

Justice

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Dave Larkhall wrote:
Does anybody know of, or met a pig that's had Human Flu. Swine flu death estimate lowered 428195
Jade Goody?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 am

kaz wrote:
My daughter was given Tamiflu after spiking 40+ temps and having a runny nose, but she was crawling around faster than ever. Even the Dr didn't think she had it, but they were told to prescribed if there were at least two symptoms.

Thankfully my GP did proper examinations before prescribing, unlike the oncall GP's who laughed down the phone at a 10 month old with fevers over 40 degrees !!!
Back to top Go down
Loubylou

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 pm

My niece had it when she waas in Ibiza, 2 of my cousin's have had it and a friend has had it too, my 2 cousins were both put on Tamiflu, but my mate and niece weren't, but they soon recovered.
Back to top Go down
Bucks Fizz

Bucks Fizz

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Why is this in the bathroom???
Back to top Go down
TheCat
Admin
TheCat

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:20 pm

Bucks Fizz wrote:
Why is this in the bathroom???

Because that's where the medicine cabinet is Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Bucks Fizz

Bucks Fizz

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:45 pm

Oh ok.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:15 am

kaz wrote:

Yes I work with a few people that has had Swine Flu.

Every day we get emails from Head Office with up-dates.

We have now got spray's on the checkouts.

Customers complain now if a operator is sniffing or sneezing and coughing. It has got quite bad with complaints.
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 am

Rosie could you explain that a bit better please. If i went up to the checkout in Bridgwater and the checkout assistant sneezed would you come along and sprsy her with DDT? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swine flu death estimate lowered   Swine flu death estimate lowered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swine flu death estimate lowered
Page 1 of 1